set cwmin in madwifi 0.9.4

kai caihong

Dear all,

This is an old question asked several times, but I still do not find a good solution.

I want to change the value of cwmin:

[root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_wmm
ath0      get_wmm:1
[root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_cwmin 0 0
ath0      get_cwmin:5
[root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 cwmin 0 0 8
[root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_cwmin 0 0
ath0      get_cwmin:5

It seems that iwpriv ath0 get_cwmin does not work at all. My wireless card is Netgear WAG 511 v2.  FC5 with 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5.

Any suggestions on it?  Thank you all in advance.

Kai Caihong
2008-07-04

Re: set cwmin in madwifi 0.9.4

Pavel Roskin
On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 11:32 +0800, kai caihong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This is an old question asked several times, but I still do not find a
> good solution.
>
> I want to change the value of cwmin:
>
> [root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_wmm
> ath0      get_wmm:1
> [root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_cwmin 0 0
> ath0      get_cwmin:5
> [root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 cwmin 0 0 8
> [root@localhost scripts]# iwpriv ath0 get_cwmin 0 0
> ath0      get_cwmin:5

It looks like the interface should be up for this to work.  I think it's
a bug.