ratestat_ files

Juliana C. Melão
Hello all,

I’m trying to access the ratestats_* files but they are all blank.
Is there any parameter i have to change to have this satistics?

The truth is that I'm trying to see when the modulation changes. ‘Cause according to some tests I’ve made, the modulation goes from 64-QAM to 16-QAM (OFDM) and then jump to DSSS, without passing through QPSK and BPSK.

Does anybody knows a good way understand this behavior? (It could be my board, but i really need to check the code for more info)

Thanks in advance,
Juliana

Re: ratestat_ files

Pavel Roskin
On 06/20/2011 03:33 PM, Juliana Melão wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I’m trying to access the ratestats_* files but they are all blank.

I cannot reproduce the problem.  I get non-empty files as soon as I
bring the interface up and any connection is established.  The easiest
way to check would be to use WDS, when no other hardware is needed to
create a "connection":

[root@mj ~]# rmmod ath_pci
[root@mj ~]# modprobe ath_pci autocreate=wds
[root@mj ~]# iwconfig ath1 channel 6
[root@mj ~]# ifconfig ath1 up
[root@mj ~]# cat /proc/net/madwifi/ath1/ratestats_*
00:00:00:00:00:00
rate    tt      perfect failed  pkts    avg_tries       last_tx
    1.0  13686   13686    0           0  1.00            -

> Is there any parameter i have to change to have this satistics?

I'm not aware of any such parameters.  I don't see any need to disable
data by default and require a special parameter to enable it.

> Does anybody knows a good way understand this behavior? (It could be my
> board, but i really need to check the code for more info)

Since the problem is on your side, the standard suggestion is that you
provide more information for others to see what you might be
misinterpreting or doing wrong.

Re: ratestat_ files

Juliana C. Melão
Hello again,

Is there any ratecontrol stats for minstrel?

On 06/29/2011 12:49 PM, Juliana Melão wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Is there any ratecontrol stats for minstrel?

No, but it has "rate_info", as you can easily see in the code and in
/proc/net/madwifi/