packet transmission checks

Sherman Ng
Hi madwifi developers and users:

I am working on a project where I need to know the state of a channel (idle or busy). I think that the best place to look in the madwifi code is the part of the code that does packet transmission, since logically, madwifi should check to see if a channel is busy or idle before transmitting a packet. The main method that starts the packet transmission is ath_hardstart in if_ath.c, but I couldn't find where exactly in ath_hardstart does madwifi check to see if the channel that it is going to use to transmit the packet is busy or idle. Does anyone know where in ath_hardstart is the channel checking done?

Thanks in advance,

Sherman