Quantcast

__packed

Hassan Elmadi
My compiler (gcc) seems to not support the keyword __packed. I'm trying to compile ieee80211.h and get this error for each structure:

error: conflicting types for '__packed'

So it seems the compiler interprets the keyword __packed as the name of the structure.
Any idea as to how to fix this?
-Thanks!

Re: __packed

Pavel Roskin
On 04/28/2011 10:22 PM, Hassan Elmadi wrote:
> My compiler (gcc) seems to not support the keyword __packed.

It's not a compiler keyword.  It's a macro.

> I'm trying to
> compile ieee80211.h and get this error for each structure:
>
> *error: conflicting types for '__packed'*
>
> So it seems the compiler interprets the keyword __packed as the name of the
> structure.

Yes.

> Any idea as to how to fix this?

__packed is defined in include/compat.h, which should be included in all
files by using the "-include" switch to the compiler.  You can find
"-include" in Makefile.inc.  You need to figure out why that switch is
not passed to the compiler, or why it doesn't have the necessary effect.