Quantcast

madwifi user

kang deng
Hi,I'm a  madwidi-user, I found that madwifi only  support
  old  version ,What is the recent  version ? And  it can  rupport  which  Linux  kernel until  now .

Thanks  ! Yours  Sincerely !

Re: madwifi user

Pavel Roskin
Hello!

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:50 AM, kang deng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,I'm a  madwidi-user, I found that madwifi only  support
>   old  version ,What is the recent  version ? And  it can  rupport  which
> Linux  kernel until  now .

Please avoid such non-specific messages. You could at least provide
the version of MadWifi, the version of the kernel and the error you
see. It would give others an idea of what problem you are actually
experiencing.

The last release of MadWifi is 0.9.4, released in February 2008. I
supports Linux 2.4.22 to 2.6.25. Due to the use of -Werror flag, it's
uncompilable as is for any kernel on modern GNU/Linux distributions.

There is a git repository of MadWifi that includes portability changes
and supports Linux 2.6.13 to 3.18.
https://github.com/proski/madwifi

But MadWifi is unmaintained except portability changes. Please use
ath5k and ath9k drivers.