athstats help?

Gene
The documented athstats arguments do not seem to work for me. I can
not get a n-second "progressive rolling report." Running athstats with
any arguments just returns the one-time "summary report." For example:

XM.v5.3.5.# athstats
42 recv overrun interrupts
54 recv eol interrupts
3.91 tx aggregate subframe retry percent
0.00 tx aggregate subframe excessive retry percent

XM.v5.3.5.# athstats 5
42 recv overrun interrupts
54 recv eol interrupts
3.91 tx aggregate subframe retry percent
0.00 tx aggregate subframe excessive retry percent

XM.v5.3.5.# athstats -i wifi0 5
42 recv overrun interrupts
54 recv eol interrupts
3.91 tx aggregate subframe retry percent
0.00 tx aggregate subframe excessive retry percent

What am I missing? Is there a configuration to set that allows the
"progressive" report?

I am not a c programmer but the code at
http://madwifi-project.org/log/madwi...ols/athstats.c appears to
handle reporting when given an interval argument.

Help?

Thanks,

Gene Boggs
Software Engineer

Re: athstats help?

Pavel Roskin
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:21:52 -0700
Gene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The documented athstats arguments do not seem to work for me. I can
> not get a n-second "progressive rolling report." Running athstats with
> any arguments just returns the one-time "summary report." For example:
>
> XM.v5.3.5.# athstats
> 42 recv overrun interrupts
> 54 recv eol interrupts
> 3.91 tx aggregate subframe retry percent
> 0.00 tx aggregate subframe excessive retry percent
>
> XM.v5.3.5.# athstats 5
> 42 recv overrun interrupts
> 54 recv eol interrupts
> 3.91 tx aggregate subframe retry percent
> 0.00 tx aggregate subframe excessive retry percent
>
> XM.v5.3.5.# athstats -i wifi0 5

I'm getting "progressive rolling report" when running this command.

> What am I missing? Is there a configuration to set that allows the
> "progressive" report?
>
> I am not a c programmer but the code at
> http://madwifi-project.org/log/madwi...ols/athstats.c appears to
> handle reporting when given an interval argument.

Make sure you are using a version of athstat that was compiled from the
right source.

When reporting problems in any software, please always report the
version of the software.

Re: athstats help?

Gene
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Pavel Roskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:21:52 -0700 Gene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The documented athstats arguments do not seem to work for me. I can
>> not get a n-second "progressive rolling report." Running athstats with
>> any arguments just returns the one-time "summary report." For example:

>> XM.v5.3.5.# athstats -i wifi0 5

> When reporting problems in any software, please always report the
> version of the software.

Hi Pavel,

The AirOS software version number is given in the device prompt in my
post (XM.v5.3.5).

Cheers,

Gene

Re: athstats help?

Pavel Roskin
Quoting Gene <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Pavel Roskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:21:52 -0700 Gene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The documented athstats arguments do not seem to work for me. I can
>>> not get a n-second "progressive rolling report." Running athstats with
>>> any arguments just returns the one-time "summary report." For example:

>>> XM.v5.3.5.# athstats -i wifi0 5
>
>> When reporting problems in any software, please always report the
>> version of the software.
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> The AirOS software version number is given in the device prompt in my
> post (XM.v5.3.5).

If you are reporting a problem to a MadWifi mailing list, it would be
natural to report the version of MadWifi, not of the distro.

I guess you need to talk to your software vendor about this problem.
I don't think anybody here can help you with a version of MadWifi
packaged by someone else and stripped of a version number.

Re: athstats help?

Gene
Ah yes. I mistook the AirOS distro for madwifi itself.