adding parameters to iwpriv

Érico Porto
Hello,

Just one thought. If I want to access some hardcoded variable, from the ath_rate, and change or view it's value. It seems I just need to add it in the iwpriv, somewhere (like ieee80211_priv_args) and it should work. This code is n the ieee80211_wireless.c . But how does this work? I mean, what do I have to include in my original ath rate file and stuff?

Thanks,

Érico V. Porto

Re: adding parameters to iwpriv

Wright, Brett

Hi,

Just an idea, but if you are going to modify madwifi you could just add a sysctl for the variable you want access to so that you could then view/modify its value via the proc file system.

It’s really easy to do – just have a look at ATH_SYSCTL_DECL() in if_ath.c and do same as one of the other basic ones…

Brett

Just one thought. If I want to access some hardcoded variable, from the ath_rate, and change or view it's value. It seems I just need to add it in the iwpriv, somewhere (like ieee80211_priv_args) and it should work. This code is n the ieee80211_wireless.c . But how does this work? I mean, what do I have to include in my original ath rate file and stuff?

Thanks,

Érico V. Porto

Re: adding parameters to iwpriv

Érico Porto