Quantcast

Regarding lower layer Header,

Panu Avakul
Hello, I am working on a project which require me to get access to the lower layer header like the PLCP header or the MAC header.  I was wondering if it is possible if I can get access to those using MadWifi either in monitoring mode or any other way.  I look at some of the source code and I cannot find anything related to the MAC header in the sk_buff at all.  As of right now I only have a wireless usb card which does not work with MadWifi, but if it seem possible then I can get one of the card that would work with MadWifi and try it out.

Thank you very much
Best Regards,
Panu

Re: Regarding lower layer Header,

Pavel Roskin
On 07/29/2011 12:51 PM, Panu Avakul wrote:
> Hello, I am working on a project which require me to get access to the lower
> layer header like the PLCP header or the MAC header.  I was wondering if it
> is possible if I can get access to those using MadWifi either in monitoring
> mode or any other way.  I look at some of the source code and I cannot find
> anything related to the MAC header in the sk_buff at all.  As of right now I
> only have a wireless usb card which does not work with MadWifi, but if it
> seem possible then I can get one of the card that would work with MadWifi
> and try it out.

I don't know why you chose the MadWifi list for your question.  MadWifi
is no even developed actively anymore.  There are many other drivers for
various hardware, and some may have what you need.

All current wireless drivers for Linux are discussed in
[hidden email]

I checked for structures with "plcp" in their names, and it looks like
the best candidates are carl9170 and b43.  Both drivers have open firmware.