Reg - MADWIFI driver clarifications

SENTHIL
Hi,

We are going to use atheros ar5212 chipset in our custom board.I understood that the madwifi driver is for Atheros chipset.I got the LSDK(Linux driver development kit for wireless chipset).In the LSDK contains applications and drivers.The application folder contains the wpa_supplicant & hostapd.Its mandatory to use wpa_supplicant & hostpad deamon to configure the AR5212.

In the Atheros AP user manual describes different componenet like ath dev obj,HAL,lmac & umac.

1. is there any possiblity to load the madwifi driver alone and interact with the driver using our aplications?
2. The lmac and umac interface code available in the madwifi driver?

Please help me on this to understand the need of each and every components.

Thanks and Regards
K.Senthil

Re: Reg - MADWIFI driver clarifications

Pavel Roskin
On 07/25/2011 03:08 AM, SENTHIL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are going to use atheros ar5212 chipset in our custom board.I understood
> that the madwifi driver is for Atheros chipset.I got the LSDK(Linux driver
> development kit for wireless chipset).In the LSDK contains applications and
> drivers.The application folder contains the wpa_supplicant&  hostapd.Its
> mandatory to use wpa_supplicant&  hostpad deamon to configure the AR5212.
>
> In the Atheros AP user manual describes different componenet like ath dev
> obj,HAL,lmac&  umac.
>
> 1. is there any possiblity to load the madwifi driver alone and interact
> with the driver using our aplications?
> 2. The lmac and umac interface code available in the madwifi driver?
>
> Please help me on this to understand the need of each and every components.

If you didn't get MadWifi from the Madwifi site, it's unlikely that
anyone would answer your questions here.  You must have some modified
version that nobody except you can access.  You got the code from
Atheros, so it's your primary contact.