Re: [madwifi.org] #1919: Need AR242x 802.11b/g PCI Express (5007EG) 64bit

Re: [madwifi.org] #1919: Need AR242x 802.11b/g PCI Express (5007EG) 64bit

Allan Bogh
The following website (at the bottom of the comment list) states that it might work.

http://madwifi.org/ticket/1192

I haven't tested it yet and I'm not very confident in it. I'm currently using ndiswrapper with the 32bit windows driver. It seems ndiswrapper was updated with a line of updates beyond the 2.6.22.17 kernel patch. Ndiswrapper will connect and do everything fairly well but I noticed if I leave it disconnected for more than an hour and try to reconnect it then it will fail to connect. I have to power off my computer about 3-6 times before it finally reconnects. I still don't know why I just can't force the software to reconnect, but it seems to have something to do with the ACPI support not turning the wireless card back on. This same problem can be fixed by booting into Windows and starting the wireless, then rebooting to Ubuntu and connecting to the network (which should happen automatically). Windows will start the ACPI support and leave it on during shutdown.

The secret is to not let Wireless power down or disconnect from the network.

Thanks,
Allan

> From: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:05:57 +0000
> Subject: Re: [madwifi.org] #1919: Need AR242x 802.11b/g PCI Express (5007EG) 64bit
>
> #1919: Need AR242x 802.11b/g PCI Express (5007EG) 64bit
> -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
> Reporter: [hidden email] | Owner:
> Type: defect | Status: closed
> Component: madwifi: driver | Version:
> Resolution: duplicate | Keywords:
> Patch_attached: 0 |
> Comment (by TigreDARK):
>
> HP DV6809EF, AMD Turion 64 x2 Ubuntu 8.04 64bit Atheros AR5007EG.
> I'm whaiting too the new madwifi drivers.
> Give some follow up plis!
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <http://madwifi.org/ticket/1919#comment:4>
> madwifi.org <http://madwifi.org/>
> Multiband Atheros Driver for Wireless Fidelity

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.