Quantcast

RSSI register value of 255

somdas
I am reading the value of the  RSSI register of the atheros chipset. I guess it is the value of the SNR. I found out that when signal strength goes below noise floor then value reported is very high 250-255. What is the significance of this high value. Is it possible to know the SNR when signal strength is below noise floor?

Re: RSSI register value of 255

Brian Prodoehl
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM, somdas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am reading the value of the  RSSI register of the atheros chipset. I guess
> it is the value of the SNR. I found out that when signal strength goes below
> noise floor then value reported is very high 250-255. What is the
> significance of this high value. Is it possible to know the SNR when signal
> strength is below noise floor?

It sounds to me as if you're treating the number as an unsigned char,
but perhaps it should be treated as a signed char.

-Brian