Problems setting WPA-PSK up

Michał Sawicz
Hi,

I'm trying to get WPA-PSK to work on Debian as described in this ticket:

https://madwifi.org/ticket/1938

The antenna diversity thing doesn't help, my card only has one antenna
and all's fine when I don't use encryption or use WEP.

Am I doing something wrong? My hostapd.conf file is attached.

Oh, and I'm trying to connect linux boxes with ipw2200 or a N800, all
fail with the same errors.

--
Michal Sawicz <[hidden email]>

hostapd.conf (27K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Problems setting WPA-PSK up

Pavel Roskin
On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 21:30 +0200, Michal Sawicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get WPA-PSK to work on Debian as described in this ticket:
>
> https://madwifi.org/ticket/1938
>
> The antenna diversity thing doesn't help, my card only has one antenna
> and all's fine when I don't use encryption or use WEP.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? My hostapd.conf file is attached.
>
> Oh, and I'm trying to connect linux boxes with ipw2200 or a N800, all
> fail with the same errors.

You enabled WPA2 but didn't specify the encryption algorithm for it.  I
believe you should add this to hostapd.conf:

rsn_pairwise=CCMP

MadWifi uses the same algorithm for WPA1 and WPA2, but hostapd is not
aware of it.  I sent a patch that wasn't accepted, but I didn't have a
chance to work on it again.

I don't know if that's the problem in your case, but it's worth trying.
It may also help if you look at the scan results for the AP on the
client, especially at the encryption algorithms.  Try the latest
hostapd, version 0.6.3.  Try using only WPA1 or only WPA2.  Check
wpa_supplicant output.

If it doesn't help, I think you are more likely to get useful help in
the hostapd list, even if it's a MadWifi issue.