Madwifi-0.9.4 HAL error for DRMA-81 mini PCI card (AR2417 based)

Madwifi-0.9.4 HAL error for DRMA-81 mini PCI card (AR2417 based)

Prasad-Parab

Hi All,

            I am working on loading Madwifi-0.9.4 driver for DRMA-81 (AR2417 based mini PCI card) on IXP-425 XSCALE platform.

            Attached are the log messages generated while driver loading.

            It displays

No hardware present or device not yet supported' (HAL status 1)

Thanking in advance.

Regards

Prasad

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to D-Link (India) Limited and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. D-Link (India) Limited accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus..

Madwifi_AR2417_dmesg.TXT (340 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Madwifi-0.9.4 HAL error for DRMA-81 mini PCI card (AR2417 based)

Pavel Roskin
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 17:00 +0530, prasad wrote:

>             I am working on loading Madwifi-0.9.4 driver for DRMA-81
> (AR2417 based mini PCI card) on IXP-425 XSCALE platform.
>
>             Attached are the log messages generated while driver
>
>             It displays
>
> No hardware present or device not yet supported' (HAL status 1)

It's entirely possible that AR2417 is indeed unsupported.  But you can
try a snapshot with the latest HAL:

http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3698-20080604.tar.gz

I see it has AH_SUPPORT_2417 in i386-elf.opt_ah.h, so chances are that
it would work.  Also, you could post some information about your card,
such as the kernel messages produced by the driver (MAC revision would
be interesting) and the PCI ID of the card (use "lspci -vnn" so that
number IDs and the subsystem ID are shown).