Quantcast

How do I turn the radio on?

Mike Cui
Hi, I have a Compaq C769US laptop with an atheros 5007 chip. I
installed the driver from the patched sources, they load fine.

However, before I wiped out windows vista that came with the laptop, I
must have turned off the radio using the button on the case right
above the keyboard. Inside linux, pressing that button doesn't turn
the radio on; the wireless radio indicator remains orange. iwconfig
shows that the ath0 interface is up, but the signal to noise ration is
0 and signal strength is -100 db.

Is there a way to turn the radio on and off in software?