Quantcast

Half and Quarter Channel Support??

Shawn-11
I am trying to use a Ubiquity XR9 in Half and Quarter channel modes, but I
cannot get it to work.

The managed stations sees the access point in half and quarter channel mode
but they cannot associate to the AP. Works properly in full (20MHz) BW mode.

I've done a ton of reading on here and the web, but I can't seem to get a
straight answer: Is Half and Quarter channel operation supported by Madwifi? I
guess particularly with the Ubiquity XR9 card. I spoke with the Ubiquity tech
support guy and he tells me that Madwifi does NOT support 10MHz and 5MHz
channels. Yet, I can get the Wiligear 2.4 cards to work in half bandwidth
modes with Madwifi.... so confused now.

If so, any ideas what could be wrong?

Re: Half and Quarter Channel Support??

Steve Brown-4
  On 07/22/2010 01:35 PM, Shawn wrote:

> I am trying to use a Ubiquity XR9 in Half and Quarter channel modes, but I
> cannot get it to work.
>
> The managed stations sees the access point in half and quarter channel mode
> but they cannot associate to the AP. Works properly in full (20MHz) BW mode.
>
> I've done a ton of reading on here and the web, but I can't seem to get a
> straight answer: Is Half and Quarter channel operation supported by Madwifi? I
> guess particularly with the Ubiquity XR9 card. I spoke with the Ubiquity tech
> support guy and he tells me that Madwifi does NOT support 10MHz and 5MHz
> channels. Yet, I can get the Wiligear 2.4 cards to work in half bandwidth
> modes with Madwifi.... so confused now.
>
> If so, any ideas what could be wrong?

Setting the country to 5001 gives channel mappings for all 5, 10 and 20
MHz channel widths.

The problem I had is that the scanner only used the first channel/width
combo on each frequency. So, it only scanned 4 instead of the 10
possible combinations.

Steve