Asking help for atheros chips wifi device create multi station mod vaps

Asking help for atheros chips wifi device create multi station mod vaps

小伦子
Hi~ Dears
    Recently, i have get a job for testing the WiFi AccessPoint , In this purpos i get to make a tool that can simulate many station mod client(with single hardware wifi device), so i do some research job and i found the atheros chips is
support multi vaps, and i try to use atheros chips wifi devcie to simulate station client. Here is the problem i get::

    when i use the ubuntu 10.04 x86 linux  whith ath9k driver, i use flowing cmd to create vaps:

    iw phy phy0 interface add vif_0 type managed
    iw phy phy0 interface add vif_1 type managed

    in this way create two vif and i use them to connect the open mode wifi and the wep encrypt mod wifi it works greate (each if just work like eth0,can send and receive), but i use wpa_supplicant to connect wpa mod wifi , it turn to
be only one vif work and other can't receve the pkt (but can send to the ap). how can i make those station mod vaps works on all encrypt wifi network? please help~!

    An other problem is in the mips linux 2.6.31 system, Atheros 9344 chip whith the old ath driver (ath_hal...), i got the same problem with cmd " wlanconfig ath create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta "  the create's vaps is only one can work(no matter open or wpa encrypt) , same please help me how can i make those station mod vaps works on all encrypt wifi network?

    Is very thankful for return this emal~ I will be very greatful for that..
    by the way,please forgive my ugly english~
------------------
 王沃伦  Mail:[hidden email]

Re: Asking help for atheros chips wifi device create multi station mod vaps

Ben Greear
This page may help.  In particular, you need to disable hardware crypt.

http://www.candelatech.com/vsta.php

THanks,
Ben

On 06/29/2014 07:07 AM, 小伦子 wrote:

> Hi~ Dears
>      Recently, i have get a job for testing the WiFi AccessPoint , In this purpos i get to make a tool that can simulate many station mod client(with single hardware wifi device), so i do some research job and i found the atheros chips is
> support multi vaps, and i try to use atheros chips wifi devcie to simulate station client. Here is the problem i get::
>
>      when i use the ubuntu 10.04 x86 linux  whith ath9k driver, i use flowing cmd to create vaps:
>
>      iw phy phy0 interface add vif_0 type managed‍
>      iw phy phy0 interface add vif_1 type managed ‍
>
>      in this way create two vif and i use them to connect the open mode wifi and the wep encrypt mod wifi it works greate (each if just work like eth0,can send and receive), but i use wpa_supplicant to connect wpa mod wifi , it turn to
> be only one vif work and other can't receve the pkt (but can send to the ap). *how can i make those station mod vaps works on all encrypt wifi network?* please help~!
>
>      An other problem is in the mips linux 2.6.31 system, Atheros 9344 chip whith the old ath driver (ath_hal...), i got the same problem with cmd " wlanconfig ath create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta "  the create's vaps is only one can work(no matter open or wpa encrypt) , same please help me ‍*how can i make those station mod vaps works on all encrypt wifi network?‍*
> ‍
>      Is very thankful for return this emal~ I will be very greatful for that..
>      by the way,please forgive my ugly english~
> ------------------
> 王沃伦  Mail:[hidden email]

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

Ben Greear <[hidden email]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com

回复: Asking help for atheros chips wifi device createmulti station mod vaps

小伦子
Thank you very much ,That page is realy very helpful,  By the way, about the wireless, is that any other great website that you can tell me, so i can found any more information while i keep working on the wireless job.
again thank you so much for this helpful knowledge~!

 王沃伦  Mail:[hidden email]

收件人: "小伦子"<[hidden email]>; "madwifi-users"<[hidden email]>;
主题: Re: [Madwifi-users] Asking help for atheros chips wifi device createmulti station mod vaps

.